Early Care Foundation. Spain
The Early Warning Foundation is a non-profit organization that was founded in 2003. The EAF (in English, FAT in Spanish) has created a network of 12 centers that we call centers for early childhood development and early care (CDIAT), where we have managed to offer these services:
• The early care service: which is publicly owned, serves everything related to the early childhood, from 0 to 6 years, that can present difficulties or severe problems that affect development. It is a service for children and their families within the socio-health field, perfectly adequate to take care and give attention, from the first moments of life, taking care of certain features in which the subject manifests the avatars of its existence, the conditions of prognosis and possibilities, the coordinates of its suffering, the risks and threats that could encounter in its path. At this early age, it is also a time of life, a critical age, in which the child has not “decided” his/her type of response/defense against the real. The conception of these CDIAT allows us to find ourselves able to accompany the child and its parents in that moment of great responsibility, from different disciplines: physiotherapists, speech therapists, psychologists, social workers, neuro-pediatricians, and rehabilitator doctors.
• The Child Care Service: Created in 2008 to provide continuity to the end of the pediatric age for interventions initiated in early care, and to care for children and adolescents who present their first symptoms after the age of six. It is a service financed between different administrations: autonomous, local and local Financial institutions, the Foundation itself and with the participation of certain families. The majority demands of services are coming from families with children affected by all the difficulties that currently occur under the name of Autism Spectrum Disorders.
• Holiday workshops: cooking, music, painting, ceramics, free time.
• Parent groups: CDIATs are places of reception and this is a condition for their effective functioning as specific treatment sites. Also for families, because on many occasions they themselves are in need and in search of a place that can accommodate their suffering or their difficulties regarding taking care of their child. A place that allows them to accompany them in order to find ways of treating what they generate, in their position as men and women, as mothers and fathers, the birth of a child when it presents severe difficulties to live, to grow, to speak and speak to them.
It is a service located close to home, next to the pediatrician and the school, on hand to try and guide any stumbling that arises in everything related to the aging and that continues throughout the pediatric age. The EAF has created this network of centers not only in Zaragoza but also in small towns of Aragon, given the dispersion of the population in the territory. Last year 2016 we have given care and treatment to 1,200 families with their children, most of them with several interventions a week, with a team of 100 professionals.
Continuing education is clinically guided under transfer and reviewed at monthly meetings and monthly supervisions with ELP members.
“TORREÓN”. Resource and treatment center for children and families. Spain
“TORREÓN” is a private center dedicated to the reception and treatment of children and young people aged 3 to 21. We carry out different proposals of individual work and/or in small groups, taking into account the uniqueness of each child:
-Recreational-therapeutic workshops in small groups, in a bid to socialization and inclusion.
-Individual psychotherapy, speech therapy, psychomotor skills and music therapy, treatments
The aim of our association is to promote a vision of the autism that embraces the subjectivity of each individual. There are three main points for us:
To advertize and to make a place in the city to the autistic manner without referring it to a generalized behavioral norm.
To promote several projects to inform and work on the difficulties that people with autism have, as well as on the inventions which allow them a singular solution.
To inscribe the autistic persons in the social bow with full respect to the particularity of each one.
We think that the autistic children are not firstly characterized for the deficit dimension but for a different manner of being. We want to get into the adventure of an accompaniment and a treatment that must involve the approach from different scopes allowing an opening to social, relational and avoiding the psychic suffering.
We think that in this lifelong journey with an autistic child it is very important that families do not feel alone, that they could have support and conversational spaces where to share not only the daily difficulties but also the “small surprises” –so important- that could arise in the relationship with their sons
Center for early education “PATINETE”. Spain
“Patinete” is a private center for early education which has two institutions in which we attend 100 children per year, around 10% have special difficulties, mostly autism. The team’s continuing education and clinical coordination allows to create a good working atmosphere, desire, respect and learning, following individually difficulties and respecting the rhythms and times of each child.
Over 25 years we have implemented a way of working that allows to see important improvements in the field of language, socialization and learning in autistic children.
Association “Child and Space”. Bulgaria
«Child and Space» Association is actively involved in the reform movement of the care of people with a great physical or mental suffering in Bulgaria, through different projects and the management of centers and reception structures. We aim at the establishment of a social policy that takes into account the subject (child or adult/parent) and their specific difficulties.
Antenne 110. Belgium
Welcomes 18 (internal and external) children with intensive and multidisciplinary care needs. These difficulties can be social (disorder of communication and social interactions), (absence or delay in language), educational (difficulty to face a process of learning at the school or nursery), behavior (serious behavior disorders).
Martin Egge Onlus Foundation. Italy
The Martin Egge Onlus Foundation was founded in order to embrace the disorder in relation to others that the autistic children have, also the Asperger’s syndrome with syndromes of disorders of psychological development, through different responses appropriate to each case and respectful of the particularity of each one.
The objective is to enrich the expressive and communicative abilities of each subject and allow, together with parents, developing an own path, following the groove of Dr. Martin Egge, founder of Antenne 112 in Venice and the Antenina, welcome and treatment centers for autistic and psychotic children and adolescents.
The Martin Egge Onlus Foundation advises the schools that the boys attend and promotes a fruitful contact between teachers and families. It also proposes learning pathways to the schools to help teachers and educators to learn more and better the characteristics of children and adolescents with diagnoses related to autism spectrum disorders.
Recently families around “Amici de la Fondazione Martin Egge” have been associated with the Foundation, its members provide a valuable collaboration with the purpose of:
-Promote and consolidate processes of integration and inclusion in the Venetian territory.
-Promotion of a “social awareness” (in the sense indicated by the United Nations) of the problem, but also with the significant expressive and working potential of autistic people.
-Encourage a stable network relations, partnerships, research and support among all the educational, therapeutic, and political-administrative operators called to accompany in its vital development to autistic people, from the family environment to the school, health services, institutions and voluntary association.
Centre Thérapeutique et de Recherche de NONETTE. France
Nonette is a therapeutic and research Center that welcomes children, teens and adults who have serious mental disorders in three institutions: a medical-educational Institute, an assisted living home and a foster home with medical attention. Respecting the way of life of each resident, relying on their inventions and their findings, by accompanying we find a principle in a dialogue in which we learn from each other’s language.
La Main à l’Oreille. France
La Main à l’Oreille is an Association of parents, friends and people with autism that aims to promote an approach that takes into account the subjectivity of the autistic person and the reception of his inventions, as well as those of the parents. We believe that there should be a place in the city for the autistic mode of being.
Le Courtil. Belgium
Located in Belgium, Le Courtil is a residential and day service for children and young people aged 6 to 25. We offer support focusing on the psychic difficulties that each of these children and young people find in their lives. Le Courtil’s specificity is in the mode of reception of the symptom.
UNIVERSITY RENNES 2. France
The University Rennes 2 is the most important center for research and Higher Education in Arts, Letters, Languages, Humanities and Social Sciences in West France.
The University Rennes 2 brings together 24,000 students, of which 3,000 are in continuous training, in the bosom of 5 units of training and research.
At the heart of this University, The Research Laboratory in Psychopathology, 4050 host team, has developed competences in the field of psychopathology, impairment and disability. It also collaborates with different specialized institutions, producing studies and works in the field of disability and especially a large number of publications on children with autism spectrum disorder. The University has made the first big demonstration of the Affinity therapy in France.
· Initial and continuous training
· Orientation and professional insertion,
· Scientific and technological research and diffusion as well as the evaluation of their results,
· Spread of the culture and scientific and technical information
· Participation in the construction of the European area of higher education and research,
· International Cooperation.